This week was pretty good! We had a couple of exchanges and a mission tour!
The mission tour was on Thursday and we went up to McAllen. Brother Foster of the seventy came and talked with the mission. It was an amazing experience and helped me to grow greatly. I will talk a little about what he said later on. First I wanted to talk about what his wife said. She made an analogy to a football game. And how one team got the heck beat out of them in the first half. Then in the second half one of the players on the losing team stepped things up and was able to help the losing team. The coach asked the player why he hadn't done anything during the first half? The player replied I was busy tying my shoes... (Sister Foster did a lot better job of telling it). She then compared this little story to our mission. We can't waste the first half of our mission tying our shoes. In all reality we can't waste any of our mission tying our shoes. That struck me pretty hard.
A lot of what Elder Foster said had to do with our own conversion. He said that too many missionaries go home and become inactive. So he committed us to focus on our own conversion as well of the conversion of our investigators and recent converts.
This week was an okay week. Not too much happened other than the mission tour. The Martinez family unfortunately didn't come to church. But we are going to keep working hard to get them to church. Jose can still get baptized next Sunday and we are probably going to do so. So that is pretty exciting!! I think it will be good for his family to see his baptism and follow in his foot steps. We have a lot of potential!
This week is Thanksgiving!! We have plans to just visit members and eat like crazy!!!!! It's going to be awesome! We also are going to have a turkey bowl in the morning with the ward so I am pretty excited about that. This is the last week of the transfer and elder Curtis is probably going to get transferred. We will know by next p-day. I hope everything is going well back home!
Love, Elder Hurst
I pretended to cut off a chickens head!
We also had a pretty fun district meeting. We dressed up like gangsters.
Zone Conference on Thursday November 19, 2014

No comments:
Post a Comment