Well this week I got a new companion! His name is Elder March. He is from California. He has about 3 months left in his mission.
This week we tried to have a ward missionary activity but the two misisonaries in charge both left so it didn't go as we wanted it to go. We watched the restoration at the church and ate nachos. We did a really bad job of spreading the word and we only had about 20 members there.
This Saturday we did an exchange with some of the other missionaries. I went to Harlingen. We went to the first appointment of some of their potentials. They were a young little family. We walked in and right away I thought that I recongnized them. It turns out that the person we were visitng was nephew of a faithful member in my area in San Benito! I had been at the members house when we got the referral for the Harlingen missionaries. It was super cool to see that happen!
This week we got a lot of new people in our zone. There are two people that really stood out to me. One is Elder G. He is from Mexico. I don't know exactly what happened with him but he got in an accident or something and his body is pretty messed up from it. But he has a super good attitude and it really humbled me so much for just about everything I have. The other is Elder T. He is a recent convert of about a 2 years. He is the only member in his family. He told us that on the way to the airport his mom was just reading anti Mormon stuff to him and not supportive at all. But he still came out and is a boss! But both of these elders humbled me and I learned that I need to be more grateful for everything that I have. Especially thank you for your loving attitude to me and for supporting me on my mission.
My advice for the youth would just be to get ready to get out of their comfort zones! That's all you do in the mission! There is no comfort zone!
This week we got a lot of new people in our zone. There are two people that really stood out to me. One is Elder G. He is from Mexico. I don't know exactly what happened with him but he got in an accident or something and his body is pretty messed up from it. But he has a super good attitude and it really humbled me so much for just about everything I have. The other is Elder T. He is a recent convert of about a 2 years. He is the only member in his family. He told us that on the way to the airport his mom was just reading anti Mormon stuff to him and not supportive at all. But he still came out and is a boss! But both of these elders humbled me and I learned that I need to be more grateful for everything that I have. Especially thank you for your loving attitude to me and for supporting me on my mission.
My advice for the youth would just be to get ready to get out of their comfort zones! That's all you do in the mission! There is no comfort zone!
This week has been really good. I feel like I have grown a lot and am becoming the missionary that God needs me to become! I love you all!
Elder Hurst
Elder Hurst and Elder March

No comments:
Post a Comment